Sunday, February 1, 2015

Welcome Back!! (forgot to finish earlier)

This photograph is one of my favorites because it was taken at
the perfect moment. The injured girl is making eye contact with
the camera, allowing you to look into her eyes. It seems as though
time is frozen.

I loved this photograph because it is not of something you see
every day. A dead body laying in the earth with a bright rose
on top, an attempt to bring some sort of dignity back to the
woman who was killed unexpectedly. The clear wrapping
reminds me of Laura Palmer.

I found this photo very interesting because if there were no
blood splatters or glass shards the table would look normal.
It would probably be a happy scene of people at a table, a
bowl of peaches, and a cup of coffee.


1. My favorite song of 2014 was most likely "Adult Diversion" by Alvvays, even though I'm not
entirely sure if it came out in 2014. I chose this song because I have listened to it over and over
and I'm still not tired of it. It is the epitome of my style of music.

                2. I did not watch as many movies in 2014 as I would have liked to. I still haven't seen Big Eyes
                      or  Interstellar, but out of the movies I did watch I have to say I enjoyed Nightcrawler the most.
                       It was very dark and I liked the psychological-type feel it had. The man Jake Gyllenhaal played 
                       had some pretty disturbing quirks but he played it very well. He was very dedicated to the character
                       and he even lost weight for the role in order to look more gaunt.



                      3. I think that the most important news story of  2014 was the death of Michael Brown. This sparked
                        outrage pretty much everywhere and I think that the news stories that touch people are the most powerful.
                         I have not taken a side on the story but I still think it is important because a boy was killed and it caused 
                         quite a stir.

                    4. In my opinion, the most important person of  2014 was Malala Yousafzai. This past year she continued 
                        to fight for women's education and she even won a Nobel Peace Prize, setting the record for the youngest
                       person to ever receive it. I find her bravery and determination very admirable.



                   5. I feel that Beyonce was the most popular (not exactly important) person in entertainment this year. Lots of
                       people talked about her this year. I feel that the media really took to her daughter's cuteness, drawing people to
                        the subject of Beyonce.

                       One memorable thing that happened this holiday was Christmas, of course. It felt really great to see my family.
                        My resolutions for this new year are to wear the clothes I like more often and to make time to read more.
                        I am looking forward to the summertime this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment