| If I were a photojournalist in Baltimore right now, I think I would find a lot of photo opportunities, whether they are happy ones or not. There is so much emotion involved in the death of a friend, and even more when riots break out over it. The photos I saw online were so powerful because I think that all of the rioters felt as though Freddy could have been their son, father, or brother. Being a photojournalist at a time like this can be very dangerous and emotional because you are in the middle of all of the action and the photographs you take may not completely capture that. I feel that this photo captures what is going on in Baltimore right now as well as one could. The look on the boy's face gives the viewer a feeling of innocence, but also of wisdom. It seems that this boy has seen a lot the past few days. The police officers in the background make the boy seem alone. |
No comments:
Post a Comment