Friday, September 26, 2014

Unusual and Interesting photos (all parts)

Part 1


I personally love Christian Rhum's work. It is so unique

and it makes you look at normal buildings in a whole new way.
I think he made this with a mix of multiple exposures and photoshop. I love 
this shot because it looks as though a portal is opening in the city, but it is
really just a bridge. I think a good building to take this kind of photograph 
of is the frost bank. It is relatively close, not all the way across town or anything.
Buildings in that area are pretty easy access for me, though I would have to
drive there.


Part 2



Photojournalist of the Year

I picked this photograph because it shows real-life distress and tragedy.
This photo was in the "photojournalist of the year" category
This photograph won 2nd place in the competition 
I really love how the photographer captured the silhouette of the girl in front of the huge fire.
I think that you see the subject of this photo almost instantly when you look at this photo, so I am guessing that  it weighed in the judges' minds very much. The girl makes the photo. Without her, there would be no story.
I think the photographer had to move around a lot and be patient to catch this shot. He couldn't just ask the woman to put her arms up like that because this is a photo of real life. It cannot be staged or posed.




Local Portrait and Personality

I picked this photo because it shows the woman's personality well.
This photo was in the category of Local Portrait and Personality and it came in 3rd place.
The photographer made sure to get the candles in the photo, and since they are the brightest things in the photo my eyes were drawn to them.
Since this photo was entered for Local Portrait and Personality, the subject of the photo had to have weighed on the judges' minds a lot. What is a portrait without a subject? 
I think that one unique thing this photographer had to do to capture this image was wait. Maybe the subject was posed, but her body looks very relaxed. I imagine that the photographer hovered around with her while she went about her day in order to capture her personality naturally.






Sports Action

                                                   I picked this photo because it is very dramatic.
I found this photo in the Sports Action category.
This photograph won place AE3 in it's section. (I don't know what that is)
The photographer drew my eye by zooming in on the subject, capturing the moment as though i was right next to the girl when it happened.
I believe that the subjects in this photo weighed on the judges' minds very much when they were judging becasue they are what tell the whole story. There would be only mud if the lamb (or goat) and child were gone.
Something unique that I believe this photographer did is use a special long-distance lens to get a close-up photo.




Part 3


"We should take photos of things that have meaning to us."

"Photographers should be aware that different light in the same photo can not only come from inside to outside but also be from places like under trees to out in the open."

"The decisive moment is not only a human happening. Photographers also have to look for it in nature."

The Kiss By Klimt
"Klimt is very famous for his stylized paintings but in this one there is still that
 moment of connection between his subjects."


This photograph followed the suggestions from Klimt's painting very well, I believe.
When you look at the photo you can feel the connection between the two of them.

Klimt is one of my favorite artists of all time, but I do not know what the name of his painting style is,
I feel that it is too personalized to put a definite label on. His work influences me a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment