Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Academic Shoot and Reflection

Balance

I think I could have taken a better photo as an example of balance.
This photo is slightly balanced and slightly unbalanced because the
people on each side make the photo symmetrical but the chair in front
of the boy is a big eyesore. The boy is the subject of this photo, but
attention is drawn away from him by the chair a little bit. When someone
looks at this photo I think that they know right off the bat that he is the
subject. To make this photograph better I could have spent more time
finding a creative way to balance this photo out.

Framing

I feel that I took a  pretty nice photograph for framing. The subject
of this photo is supposed to be the girl sitting down. When i look
at this photo my eyes are immediately drawn to her and the letter G
right next to her. I don't see why anybody's attention would be drawn to
anything else in the photograph. To make this photo better I could have
lightened the photo or focused on the girl so that she would be the center
of attention.

Rule of Thirds

For the rule of thirds, I believe I did a fairly good job. The subject
of this picture is the only person in it, the girl with the purple hair.
I believe that anybody that looks at the photo can see that. It is
clear who the subject is. To follow the rule of thirds better, I could
have zoomed out a little bit to make her head and hair fit more
into the bottom-right corner. 

Simplicity

I think I could have done a better job for simplicity. There are a lot
of distractions in this photo, for example, the ruler. If I had the chance
to retake this photograph I would have taken it from an angle that
showed less distractions. Despite this, I feel it obvious who the subject
is. It is the girl in the brown sweater.

Lines

I feel that I did pretty well on this subject. The subject of the picture
is the girl sitting down in the center of the photo. I can see that people
could not easily see that she is the subject because she is so small. To
make this photo better I could have found a way to incorporate more
leading lines so that the subject was more obvious.



During this shoot, I had a tough time finding a photo opportunity for framing. It took a little bit of searching, but I finally found something photo-worthy!!
I have always been a person who pays attention to focusing the camera, so during the shoot I basically had my hand on the lens at all times. I hate blurry photos, I love seeing the little details.

If I could do this shoot again, I would have set aside more time to take a photo for balance because I had the toughest time on that one.

One thing I wouldn't change about my photo selection is the photograph of the girl with the purple hair. I really love that photograph.

When I go out with the next set of prompts, I think that it will be easiest to take I photo that goes by the rule of thirds.

The rule I think will be hardest to capture is framing.

I am pretty clear on all of these rules!


http://kaitlynsphotojournalisblog.blogspot.com/

I liked Kaitlyn's photographs for lines and framing. Both of them are very simple and unique, and I liked that she chose to post them in black and white. One of my favorite types of photography is B&W!

For next time, I would suggest that she pay more attention to what the rule of thirds is.

No comments:

Post a Comment